“If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder without any such gift from the fairies, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in." - Rachel Carson

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Milestone: Retta's First Solid Food!

Our little baby is growing up so fast! Retta tried her first taste of solid food last night. She's been continuing to spit up so much that the doctor suggested starting her on rice cereal to see if it helps hold her food down. I know it's not really that big of a deal, but since last summer when I first found out I was pregnant I have been the one to carry her, grow her, birth her, and all the growing she's done since she entered the world has been a result of the milk I've given her. So, to feed her something else, something external, felt like kind of a big letting go. I'm sure this seems dramatic, but then again, I'm sure most mothers reading this can relate! Here are some pictures of the little cutie. She really seemed to like it- this baby is not one to turn down nourishment of any kind, as evidenced by her adorable little thunder-thighs!





1 comment:

  1. Wow..... I can relate to this, and how it feels like a milestone. You're not being dramatic. You're being a Mommy and seeing your little girl start to move into another phase. It DOES feel like she's getting so big. And, Nannie loves her thunder thighs. xo

    ReplyDelete