“If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder without any such gift from the fairies, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in." - Rachel Carson

Friday, August 17, 2012

Get-Up-And-Go Ginger Smoothie

Mmmm....good morning to mama!
This is my new favorite breakfast, and I find it an especially effective cure for those sleep-deprived mornings when I am forced to open my eyes and my first thought is, "You've got to be $%#*ing kidding me, it's time to get up already?!!" So if you have to rise, this might help you shine too.

Ginger Smoothie:
  • 4-5 ice cubes
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1 banana
  • 2 teaspoons of fresh grated ginger
  • 1-2 Tablespoons of agave nectar or honey, depending on how sweet you want it
Blend until smooth, guzzle down, and feel happy about your healthy breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment