- "I have a joke: What do bears eat?" Me: "I don't know, what?" Retta: "Macaroni and cheese!"
- "Mommy, I'm obsessed with apple juice!"
- When I had to leave to take Rowan to our Mother-Daughter group (for girls Rowan's age): "I want to go! But I a daughter too!"
- Me: "What would you like for breakfast today Retta?" Retta: "Poop." Me: "That is disgusting, and not a food. What would you really like for breakfast?" Retta: "Lipstick." Me: "Also not a food." Retta: "How about fish?"
- "That person has an adult mouth."
- "Would you like to come with me to Milkacara?" Me: "What is Milkacara?" Retta: "It is the land where I go to get treats. There are silver candies there and the lions guard them. And there are acorns."
- Her favorite made-up song to sing, "No we don't run away from our mommy in a store, no we don't run away from our mommy in the store..."
- "I'm a Snuggle Duck!"
- "I feel great. My sneezes went away up into the sky."
- "I love butterflies in the beautiful sunshine!"
- "I have a special idea. I don't have magic but I have an idea. Let's make a cake!"
- "I'm just getting my excitings out!"
- Me: "How much does this rock cost?" Retta: "It costs ten goldens."
- One night she asked for a turn to say the blessing at dinner and said, "I'm thankful for my family and Chocolate World!" (after we visited Hershey, PA)
- "We have to clip our toenails because we are going to North Carolina."
- "Mommy, I understand your eyelashes."
- After a lady at the Y said "Hi" to her, I said, "Retta, can you say hi to the lady?" and she screamed, "NO! I CAN'T SAY HI, I'M TOO SHY!!"
- "I will get you with my icy magic!" (pretending to be Elsa from Frozen)
- "Hold you Mommy, hold you!" -when she wants to be picked up
- "Shmellows" = marshmallows
- "Ooo-pee-sie" = Oopsie
Two year old talk at its finest: