“If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder without any such gift from the fairies, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in." - Rachel Carson

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Inside Time

Winter's day tea party by the fire

I'm not gonna lie folks, winter is getting to me big time these last few weeks. SO much time indoors, so many days that start off sunny and then by the time we bundle up to get outside it's grey and dreary and the kids are ready to go back in. I feel a little like I'm standing on the precipice of full-blown crazy here. Didn't I just wash those socks and pick up that library book from under foot? And seriously, how many times can we play Strawberry Shortcake's Housewarming Surprise Game or watch Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom?! I am continually trying to remind myself that spring is "just around the corner" and to find joy in the everyday details...so to that end, I am posting these pictures to remind me of the beauty that can be found in the simple things, within the walls of our small house.

Wendell sleeping his way through winter, and looking particularly dapper since our fun Saturday morning spent brushing and shaving the cat.

Bright eyes

A magnet from my grandparent's fridge that now lives on ours- me at Rowan's age

Reading time

Rowan's drawing of Wendell :)

Flower fairies Rowan and I made from a kit--nice reminders that spring is on it's way!

Mermaids we made at Rowan's birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment