“If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder without any such gift from the fairies, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in." - Rachel Carson

Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Swinging Valentine's Day


 So Valentine's Day is not so much about romance when you have small children as it is about the love of family...Aaron and I are lucky that we have both sets of parents nearby who regularly babysit so we can go on dates, but for the past couple of years we've spent actual Valentine's with kids in tow. We had a great day this year though- a special Valentine breakfast before Aaron headed to work, and then after I picked up Rowan from school she and Retta and I played on the swings at the park and I had fun testing out my new camera. We then did something CAH-razy (by four year-old standards that is)...we met Aaron in town for dessert before supper because the ice cream shop closes at 6. We shared a banana split and then put the kids to bed and ate a gourmet meal made by Aaron at the late hour of 8:30 pm. Still enjoying a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my lovely husband and cute kid valentines scattered about the house. You just gotta love love, and Valentines Day is one of my favorite holidays..yay for hearts and flowers and swings and ice cream!


Love Bug

Just reading her morning mail

Heart-shaped marshmallows courtesy of my mom

Hot chocolate for breakfast?!


My newest love


Scoping out the Valentine's packages

Oh, those cheeks...


Love, love, love




Since Retta's too little for Valentine candy I made her a new headband



Playing in the park








1 comment: