“If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder without any such gift from the fairies, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in." - Rachel Carson

Monday, October 28, 2013

Project: Egg-Gathering Aprons



Last week while the girls were cycling through a round of fall colds, I found myself home a lot and with some free time while they took extra long naps and watched movies on the couch. So, I dusted off my long-dormant sewing machine and set to making the girls some aprons. I recently found some old fabric scraps at my grandparents house- gingham and this retro-looking purple and orange chicken print. I liked the idea of making something with my grandmother's fabric, but there wasn't much of it, and then I thought maybe I could make something small and chicken-related. The girls are always wanting to collect the eggs from our chicken coop, but they often get dropped or squeezed a little too hard, or there are just too many to carry in those little hands. And so, these egg-gathering aprons were born, with special padded pockets to hold eggs!












2 comments: